SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Florida - Keys (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/florida-keys/)
-   -   Anyone in Marathon? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/florida-keys/61539-anyone-marathon.html)

LarryandSusanMacDonald 01-25-2010 09:20 AM

Anyone in Marathon?

It doesn't look like many post to this destination - but it seemed to be the only place appropriate.

We are currently in Marathon - mooring A8, Boot Key Harbor and will be until the end of Feb 2010. Anyone on Sailnet here?:cool:

chef2sail 01-25-2010 03:45 PM

Wish I would have known thats where you were. My wife and I stayed in Cocaplum Beach and Tennis condo last week. Went swimming with the dolphins, snorkeling in key west a couple of times. We would have enjoyed meeting you.

Tried Porkys, the Wreck and Annpnnettes Lobster Steak House while we were there.

Dave

LarryandSusanMacDonald 01-25-2010 05:26 PM

Annette's is just across the street from us. We only ate there once - never again. The food wasn't very good but the service was bad. We like the Hurricane, just down the road - especially for lunch. Good price, and pretty good food. Just one guy serving though - he gets your order quickly and delivers food and drink OK but then takes forever to bring you the check. I've seen that in some restaurants where they want you to stay to order more drinks - but they don't do that either.

night0wl 01-25-2010 08:05 PM

When did boot key harbor go moorings?

chef2sail 01-25-2010 08:23 PM

Funny....we had a great meal in Annettes and the Desserts were homemade and unbeleiveable sized. My wife had a 6 Layer chocolate cake with and inside filling of peanut butter pie...I had a 6 layer Carrot cake with a chocolate chip cheesecake filling. It took 3 days to eat these desserts.

The service did suck. I though I had Flo as our waitress....came to find out she had escaped Long Island and moved to Marathon.

The locals recommended the restaurant.

PBzeer 01-26-2010 03:30 AM

Have they gotten the shoreside ammenties upgraded? I stayed there two winters ago (when they first put in the larger mooring field, but hadn't put in the (proposed) new shore facilities.

I thought it was a good place to stay, by and large. And it was certainly pretty full for the 3 months I was there.

wmiii 01-26-2010 08:08 AM

Save us a spot.
We should be down there in a couple of weeks for an extended stay.
We'll try to get a mooring near Dockside.

Wm Mayberry
OPTIMYSTIQUE
IP 37-30

LarryandSusanMacDonald 01-26-2010 01:56 PM

Check out their website:

The City of Marathon FL - Official Website

Also - check out their web cam - I'll wave!:thewave:

remetau 04-16-2010 12:56 PM

Got to this post late.

We are in Marathon in the mooring field. Stayed down here all last year and plan to do one more summer down here since we had so much fun last year.

sailingdog 04-16-2010 01:18 PM

If you guys see a trimaran named Ship O Fools...tell them Dan said hi. :D