Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Williamsburg VA
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Shipmate Model 885G 3-burner Stove
In the process of determining feasibility of refurbishing my late '60s Shipmate Model 885G 3-burner and oven. It is structurally sound and SS finish is still good. However, I need to replace or refurbish some of the rusted burner and valve assemblies, plus I'm missing one of the stove burners. My questions are:
1) Does anyone have a discarded or extra burner similar to the ones in my photo? My burners are not in bad shape as the cast units are clean and orifices are intact, just a bit of rust on the plate metal parts.
2) The oven door springs are okay, except for what appears to be worn areas on the tips of the springs that fit into the hinges and oven case. Does anyone have experience with these? They appear to be worn from use, but also are so uniform in appearance, that I wondered if that is simply the original condition.
3) Oven Burners (top/bottom) are not in terrible shape, but I would like to find replacements if I can.
4) The valve manifold is pretty rusty and can be cleaned, but I would replace if I could.
5) Lastly, the 2 valves that regulate gas flow and sit in the top of the stove - I will need to disassemble and clean, but if I can find replacements I might prefer that instead.
btw - I have read all the posts I could find on this subject (most are dated somewhat), and have been to the Shipmate Stove Company, GearBusters on eBay, and Sailorman without any success.
Any assistance or advice that anyone would like to share would be appreciated.