This from one of my previous posts:
Originally Posted by Omatako
I am reliably informed by friends and colleagues that this stuff is the only solution:
My boat comes out in two weeks and I'm going to try it but unfortunately it will be two years before I can reliably report back.
So that's what I did and in August last year (8 months ago) I had the prop done by the Propspeed agents in Auckland. And I didn't have to wait two years for the results.
Whilst I haven't used the boat extensively, I did a 5 week local cruise over December/January and have been sailing at least one often twice a month. And slowly but surely the boat responded less smartly to engine power.
A month ago, after the agent being told that I had barnacles gathering on the prop, he said "Don't worry about what's on the prop. Stuff gathers but the first time you run the prop, everything will just fall off."
Well this weekend we went for a sail and the boat was sluggish beyond belief under power and whilst I haven't been under, I suspect the prop is once again, just a ball of sea-life.
I plan on taking a picture of the prop to show the agent so that I can get him involved in the $400 cost of hauling the boat and re-doing the Propspeed as per his guarantee.
I shall post that picture here too.
Suffice it to say I'm really disappointed.