SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

OTA TV Antenna?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  ericb760 
#1 ·
I recently bought a new 22" flat screen and a OTA antenna for the boat. I get around 100 channels (80 of which are in Spanish, Armenian, or Korean, which is actually kind of cool), with the networks in full HD. However, the signal can fade in and out. This website tells me that my antenna should be outdoors and at least 30' high for optimum reception. The Digital TV Transition: Reception Maps. Has anyone here successfully run an antenna up their mast? If so, how did you do it?

#3 ·
You gave me an idea. My boat has an old LORAN antenna at the top of the mast. New HD OTA antennas are very low profile so I imagine that I could simply switch the old for the new after running a length of coaxial cable up the mast. Sounds like a nice winter project!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.