SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Has this happened to anyone?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Minnewaska 
#1 ·
I have the Freedom 20 inverter/charger with the zantrex display panel on my boat. Recently we were at Cape Lookout for a few days and needed to charge the batteries so I plugged in the Honda 2000 and ran it for about an hour. During this run time I was looking at the display and saw it blink off for a second or two and then come back on. I didn't think much about it at the time. After we put the generator away alittle while later I noticed the inverter was on. I pressed the on/off button on the display to turn it off. About 20 minutes later it turned itself back on. This occurred every now and then for the rest of the trip. Anyone have this experience? I have tried resetting the system only to have it turn on again as well as a re-boot of the system by disconnecting the shore and 12V power to it and then putting back online. Again after awhile it turns itself back on. Anything else I can try before I have to take it out and send it off to be serviced?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.