SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

bow thruster installation

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  39512 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed a Bow Thruster on their sailboat? If so, how did it go and what were the cost? Any recommendations for installers on the west coast (california)?

#2 ·
I notice you are planning to upgrade a number of systems on your boat plus ship it to Cali. I assume the boat is still on the east coast? It might be beneficial to have the refit done before the boat leaves.

I have managed a refit such as the one you are contemplating and much depends on the boat and the equipment selected. For the most part, installing the tube and thruster is fairly straightforward provided you have sufficient room. Cabling can sometimes require some time consuming labor. It depends on what wire chases are available. For a fifty footer, I would guess the total install to be somewhere just under 10k.

If you would like, you can call me at 603.498.4785. I can probably point you in the right direction.

Bill

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.