SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

looking for genoa tracks

896 views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  fred1diver 
#1 ·
hey everyone, I'm looking for a set of used genoa tracks and matching cars for my boat, I currently have only one of the original which I found on the bottom of the lazarette.

thanks in advance
FRED

#6 ·
That is a very common profile, you should be able to get it almost anywhere. This is where I'd buy it (Fisheries Supply is local to me):
Silver Anodized 1" T-Track - Schaefer Marine | Fisheries Supply

You should also be able to find it at Defender. Shop around manufacturers for the best price, Schaefer isn't the only option. Try used stores to see if you can find it cheaper too.

#7 ·
Fred,

How deep are your pockets? (rhetorical). Mine are shallow, or I'm cheap, I mean thrifty. For my genoa, I use a continuous loop of 3/16" Staset. Now, work with me here. A block shackled to the toe rail, about 8' from the bow. Another shackled near the cockpit. Run a line thru both and tie both ends tightly to your jib sheet block and clip this to the line. Now, if you pull the line one way, the block moves. Pull the other way, well, it moves the opposite way from the first. Left alone, it will not move, even in a moderate breeze. I am currently settling on a design to turn the cockpit block into a cam cleat of sorts, but that is really just a formality. I've use this set up for two seasons now and it works well for 25 footers and below. The big girls might not take well to my Yankeeness, but for 40 bucks and a lucky find in the bitter ends barrel, I can yank on a line and roll my genoa any time the wind changes.

#8 ·
donscribner, they used to be pretty full, but now I have a sailboat ;)
I like your solution but I only have bow and stern cleats, nothing in between :( and not much room to add some either

Alex, thanks a lot, a lot of good info, price wise on the link you supplied

FRED

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.