SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

vibrations PSC 34 at >2000rpm

528 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  jvlassak 
#1 ·
I noticed recently that when we're running the prop at more than 2000rpm, there is a bit of a vibration that isn't there at lower rpm. The boat is a Pacific Seacraft 34 with a 36 HP Yanmar with a two-blade prop. The previous owner also mentioned that vibration and he attributed it to the prop having two blades rather than three. I didn't notice it earlier in season when the prop was really clean, but I did notice some growth on the prop the other day.

Any thoughts/advise on this? Are there other possible explanations than the prop itself? The cutlass bearing seemed to be in really good condition when we checked the boat at the beginning of the season. The engine runs really smoothly in neutral. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.