SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Gear & Maintenance (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/)
-   -   Baggett and Sons East Coast Road Trip (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/104378-baggett-sons-east-coast-road-trip.html)

CharlieCobra 10-03-2013 09:29 AM

Baggett and Sons East Coast Road Trip
 
We have one boat in the DC area we are talking to. If we are going to come out and see you Right Coast folks, we need than one boat to play with..

CharlieCobra 10-08-2013 09:57 AM

Re: Baggett and Sons East Coast Road Trip
 
After three years of hearing "If only you were out here..." I put this up and nada.... I'm not really surprised though. It is the internet after all...

jimgo 10-08-2013 12:38 PM

Re: Baggett and Sons East Coast Road Trip
 
I'm just seeing this for the first time. If nothing else, how 'bout a dinner while you're out this way? I'd love to have you work on my boat, but unless you're willing to work for hand-made pens, or for free, there just isn't much I can do.

bljones 10-08-2013 12:58 PM

Re: Baggett and Sons East Coast Road Trip
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieCobra (Post 1101000)
After three years of hearing "If only you were out here..." I put this up and nada.... I'm not really surprised though. It is the internet after all...

Hey Charlie,
The internet got you started in this business.
The internet helped you raise startup funds.
The internet has done a great deal to broadcast your work, spread the word and build the reputation you have.
Or is that all just bull$hit, because it is just "the internet after all"?

Maybe if you a) explained the scope of work you could handle on the east coast, seeing as how you are away from your home yard and working portable
b) the possible timeframe

You might get a different response.

BubbleheadMd 10-08-2013 01:08 PM

Re: Baggett and Sons East Coast Road Trip
 
Charlie,

I put the word on a couple of other sailing forums. We'll see if that helps.

bljones 10-08-2013 01:13 PM

Re: Baggett and Sons East Coast Road Trip
 
Charlie- maybe the timing isn't the best, advertising for business in the Washington area during a government shutdown. A large percentage of your potential market is idle right now.

CharlieCobra 10-08-2013 03:33 PM

Re: Baggett and Sons East Coast Road Trip
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bljones (Post 1101130)
Hey Charlie,
The internet got you started in this business.
The internet helped you raise startup funds.
The internet has done a great deal to broadcast your work, spread the word and build the reputation you have.
Or is that all just bull$hit, because it is just "the internet after all"?

Maybe if you a) explained the scope of work you could handle on the east coast, seeing as how you are away from your home yard and working portable
b) the possible timeframe

You might get a different response.

The first three questions are without a doubt true. Just frustrated lately I guess. We can do just about anything remote that we ca do in our current location, provided we can find a building to use. This includes everything from paint to brightwork to custom glass on up to full restorations. The time frame depends on what we can line up.

CharlieCobra 10-08-2013 03:34 PM

Re: Baggett and Sons East Coast Road Trip
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bljones (Post 1101146)
Charlie- maybe the timing isn't the best, advertising for business in the Washington area during a government shutdown. A large percentage of your potential market is idle right now.

That too. It has put the boat that was the initial target of this trip on hold.

bljones 10-08-2013 04:19 PM

Re: Baggett and Sons East Coast Road Trip
 
Hang in there man, and I understand the frustration.

JimMcGee 10-08-2013 05:44 PM

Re: Baggett and Sons East Coast Road Trip
 
Charlie,
The Annapolis show is this weekend. Might be an opportunity to introduce yourself to some folks.

Best of luck,
Jim


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1
(c) Marine.com LLC 2000-2012