Finding Helly Hanson or Musto locally - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 10-09-2013 Thread Starter

Finding Helly Hanson or Musto locally

I am open to Gill also but tried on the third reef jacket today and was not impressed. Way lighter than my helly hanson(which is not necessarily bad) and it was not as long as my other jacket. only comming just under my waist. I would prefer to get another Helly hanson or even a musto but want to try/check them out in person. I am in the Detroit Metro area but am willing to drive a hundred miles or so if there is someplace nearby. any suggestions. I just hate to order without checking out the product and trying it on first.
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 10-09-2013
Asleep at the wheel

Re: Finding Helly Hanson or Musto locally

Find a place with a good return policy. The cost of shipping the jacket back will likely cost less than the gas it would take to drive 100 miles.

- Jim
Home: Western Philly 'burbs
1980 Allmand 31
1975 Albacore 15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 5 Old 10-09-2013
Bristol 45.5 - AiniA

I think buying Helly Hanson would be a good idea since my pension plan bought the company last year.

Back home on Lake Ontario after something over 36,000 nm circumnavigator. Not surprisingly there is a lot of stuff I want to get done on Ainia both cosmetically and functionally. Getting an early start so it will be ready to go for next summer (Lake Superior?).
post #4 of 5 Old 10-09-2013

Hey AbeX not sure if you can find anything in Detroit other than at Thomas Hardware. Starting tomorrow HH in Annapolis has a big sale during the boat show. A lot of good gear is 1/2 price. My wife and I bought the "Skaagen" jacket for $175 each during the show 2 year ago and have been very happy. Much better than the WM 3rd reef with a lot of nice features and breathable too.
Attached Thumbnails
30302_597_main_large.jpg  
post #5 of 5 Old 10-09-2013

If a store provides enough value that one would drive 100 miles to try their inventory, I would hope they are rewarded with the business, even if it's a bit more expensive than the internet provider that doesn't bear the cost nor offer the value.

I buy from both. But I do make sure those that provide value get some business so they can keep providing it. I'm sure that's the OP's plan.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeanneau 54DS

In the harsh marine environment, something is always in need of repair. Margaritas fix everything.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.