Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: New Jersey
Thanked 80 Times in 77 Posts
Rep Power: 10
Re: Seized Seacock Help
When I purchased Tempest, all the Spartans were seized in the open position.
It took time and patience. I was on stands..so I was able to take the hoses off, I took the weep screws out and then let the PB blaster stew in there overnight. I sprayed from outside and inside. As Mainsail said I tapped the nut end. His advice is spot on, since I managed to peen over the threads of the 1st one I tried tapping out. Luckily It was minor and I was able to repair the threads. I used a rubber mallet with a short block of wood with the nut out to protect the threads
It took about 3 days of applying blaster, tapping a little, then letting it sit overnight, but I got them all out intact.
Unless they are damaged, which I doubt, I would not replace them. They are bullet-proof seacocks imo. Worth all the time it took to restore them.