SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

S R Mariner

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  smackdaddy 
#1 ·
I have an old V-24 with an SR Mariner knot meter . There are attachments for wires on the back but none there . Where might I find and old digram of how these were wired up ?

#2 ·
Sr Mariner is in New York State I cant Find the number right now but you can call them and they are the nicest folks you could hope to run into. Ask them and they will tell you what to hook up and if it can be fixed they will do that to. Still have parts for most units even the old ones.I will try to find the number tomorrow I think you can get it off the net however.

#4 · (Edited)
Okay - I've been searching for essentially the same info. SR Mariner no longer makes marine instruments and though they have a section for manual downloads - nothing there.

I have a DDM-1 depth gauge and a DKT-S knotmeter. Both of them are wired and work okay - but I'd like to see if the lights work. There is a single connection screw that's labeled "light". But how do I wire this?

Do I just run a wire from the + connection to the light connection? How is is grounded?

Then, to make it more complicated, should I wire the instrument lights into the running lights circuit so that during the day the instrument lights aren't on and only come on with the running lights?

Surely someone has had enough time to think about this in six years.

Bawgy? Whaddayasay?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.