SailNet Community

SailNet Community (
-   Gear & Maintenance (
-   -   What's this on the furler? (

Dave_E 11-25-2013 10:10 AM

What's this on the furler?
This is the secon boat I've been on with this little tab that just twirls around. What is it and what is it for?


gtod25 11-25-2013 10:19 AM

Re: What's this on the furler?

svHyLyte 11-25-2013 10:54 AM

Re: What's this on the furler?
Yup. It's a prefeeder although, without rollers, they can sometimes be problematic. Give it a good coating of SailKote and then lead the sail's luff tape through it and into the foil slot.


PaulinVictoria 11-25-2013 11:01 AM

Re: What's this on the furler?
Like they said above, it's a pre-feeder, helps to guide the luff into the foil when you are hoisting so you don't need two people to get the sail onto the furler.

ebs001 11-26-2013 07:01 AM

Re: What's this on the furler?
I never use mine. It's just way easier using two people.

Faster 11-26-2013 09:50 AM

Re: What's this on the furler?
Prefeeder, like everyone said..

Dave I embedded your pic again, go back to your post and 'edit' it to see the difference in the link code. PB has several link options, the IMG code is the one that embeds the picture rather than place a link.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) LLC 2000-2012

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome