Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 04-21-2005

MysticDancer is on a distinguished road
Sailnet

IF you are thinking of ordering from Sailnet - DON''t! I ordered the inccorect item and discovered there is NO customer service at Sailnet! I''ve copied my latest email to them:

This is the THIRD email I have sent on top of calling and leaving messages everyday this week ALL WITHOUT A RESPONSE FROM SAILNET!

At this point, I realize that although I have ordered almost $800.00 replacement parts, etc for my sailboat - Sailnet has NO customer support. At this point, I have accepted that I will not be returning the items I ordered by mistake. A small lesson. But, the bigger lesson is I will not longer order any items from Sailnet and will actively discourage everyone else from order there either.

Stephanie Coy
S/V Mystic Dancer

Sent 04/19/05

I sent an email several days ago requesting a RMA number for two 4x14" Beckson internal rain shields. Could you please send that information to me? I have already reordered the correct size rain shields and would like to return these as soon as possible.

Thank you,

Stephanie Coy

Sent 4/16/05

I recently ordered internal rain shields, Order # 460473, ordered 04/05/05. Two of rain shields for 4 x 14" ports, Stock Code #39-00074, BKSIRS-414s were the incorrect size. I have already re-ordered the correct size, but need to return the two 4 x 14 shields.

Please send me a RMA so I can return the items.

Thank you,

Stephanie A Coy, Cust #XXXXXXXX

S/V Mystic Dancer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 04-22-2005

shmangasarian is on a distinguished road
Sailnet

I thought everyone knew already that Sailnet is the worse run retail outfit around. I could tell you horror stories about lost merchandise, constant out of stock blues, straight out lying about shipping etc., etc. After my last bout with them however I have found a bright spot in their customer service - John at telephone extension 7110 (Jmilligan@sailnet.com) actually took the time to resolve my last issue in a very timely manner.
Old 04-22-2005

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Sailnet

While my experience may not be representative, I have only had good experiences with Sailnet in the few transactions that I have had with them. I do try to use them on larger purchases out of loyalty for maintaining this forum.

Jeff
Old 04-23-2005

jbanta is on a distinguished road
Sailnet

Jeff
I have seen you around from time to time. I wanted this time to agree with you (dosen''t happen that often ) Problem I find with sailnet is the limited inventory they carry. I would make Sailnet my primary provided if that were to change. Right now 90% of my needs are met at Home Depot Marine...
Old 04-24-2005

pirateofcapeann is on a distinguished road
Sailnet

Loyalty to Sailnet? Hell Jeff, they ought to put you on the payroll for attracting customers with the knowledge and expertise that you input into this forum!
Old 04-24-2005

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Sailnet

Thanbks for the kind words,

Jeff
Old 04-24-2005

thorJ30 is on a distinguished road
Sailnet

actually the pirate above has a very valid point Jeff !

Thanks

Thor

p.s. alhough i had a few isuues in the past, they all got resolved and I also buy from Sailnet because of the service they provide with this bulletin board for example.
Old 07-11-2005

jreddington is on a distinguished road
Sailnet

I''ve been having very spotty service from Sailnet lately. Very good experience with some phone advice and tracking down a part not specifically listed on their website when I ordered a new water heater last March. Part arrived on-time and worked out well.

However, right now I am having a terrible time resolving a shipping error. Did get some good advice via e-mail from Milligan so placed my order based on his suggestions.

Way back on May 24 ordered (along with some other lines) 88'' of 7/16" staset X spliced onto a snap shackle. Finally, almost a month later my order arrived. However the halyard that came was 1/2" not 7/16". Won''t fit through my rope clutches. After over a week of unreturned emails and voice mails, caught someone in rigging (he must have made the mistake of actually picking up the phone). Was promised a rush shipment of the correct line to arrive in a couple days. Well it finally showed up a week later. This time it''s 7/16" but sta set, not sta set x. No mailing lable as promised to send back the wrong line.

Been trying to get through to rigging and customer service via messages and e-mail. No response. Was able to leave messages at rigging but the cutomer service and sales lines have messages saying mailboxes are full and to send e-mails.

Well I''m trying to send e-mails but am getting no response. Still can''t believe it''s taking over a month and a half to get some line. Next step is to contest the charges to my credit card company. We''ll see if Sailnet responds to them.
Old 07-11-2005
Señor Member

TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough TrueBlue is a jewel in the rough
Sailnet

The cost savings advantage would have to be extremely attractive for me to even consider an internet purchase of running/standing rigging. The dimensional & quality variables and chance of error is too high.

Stock and prepackaged items are one thing. But IMHO, do not take the risk of ordering custom specific gear online. Order from your local rigging supply shop . . . errors will be much easier to resolve and specifications more likely to be correct the first time.

Steve
Old 07-11-2005

jreddington is on a distinguished road
Sailnet

Trueblue,

Thanks for the comment and advice. I would think just ordering some line would be pretty close to "prepackaged". The splice onto the shackle may be "custom" but I figured pretty basic enough to order. But I guess not. If they can''t get this right I''m certainly not going to trust them with anything more complicated.

I did consider getting a quote from Airforce for a new mainsail last year but after this, I''m glad I went with a local North Sails shop. I didn''t want to have any confusion over whether any errors were their fault or my measurements so having the shop do their own measurements was important.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.