SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

air force sails

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
I''m sure someone out there has had experience with airforce sails. I''m considering the purchase of a 155% genoa (furling) and am curious about quality, customer service etc. Comparing them to North specifically which has a loft in my home port of Oxford, certainly convenient and always super efficient for repairs and cleaning in the past (and not that much more expensive). Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
not much more expensive ? Are you sure ?

I had good results with Airforce sails on my smaller boat. The new main was exceptional ....

on my newer ( used ) boat I got a whole slew of North Sails . which I also like .

What I probably like to say is this. if the difference is really small go with North otherwise Airforce is great

( at the time my main was about 1/2 the price of North, and that was a no brainer )

Thor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.