SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Gear & Maintenance (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/)
-   -   What kind of weapon to keep aboard my new dinghy? (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/127306-what-kind-weapon-keep-aboard-my-new-dinghy.html)

northoceanbeach 03-12-2014 02:39 AM

What kind of weapon to keep aboard my new dinghy?

I know there are a lot of experts on guns aboard boats on this forum. I've glanced at a couple threads in off topic. I'm not looking for anything that extreme but will need some form of deterrent when I'm out cruising this summer.

My main concern is my own safety once I get closer to central and then Southern California. That's not to say I can't have issues up in Washington or Canada, but I found people more reserved up there.

Once I get down the coast and the weather warms up, I'm going to be getting more tan and my hair will be getting more bleached blonde. I'll also be riding around with a wetsuit partially rolled down or in surf shorts an no shirt.

My basic human fear is that that the chicks are going to become literally over come with lust and launch a full frontal assault upon me and my dinghy. I'm single handed so I'm no really sure what I can do to prevent this short of the perceived threat of violence.

Thoughts welcome.

DonScribner 03-12-2014 05:58 AM

Re: What kind of weapon to keep aboard my new dinghy?

Dude,
Call me! I've got your back! We're in this together for the long haul.

Minnewaska 03-12-2014 06:40 AM

robodd 03-12-2014 07:18 AM

Just quit bathing when you head south. By the time you get there, attacks by women shouldn't be a problem.:laugher

Delta-T 03-12-2014 08:26 AM

6 mill condoms with a hair trigger semi automatic re-loader. And I wouldn't go around calling it "my dinghy"!

aeventyr60 03-12-2014 08:33 AM

If your in the $500 a month bracket you'll be well protected by lack of anything the Sheila's in California want.

Tallswede 03-12-2014 09:35 AM

A machete and bug spray works for me, 'course I live in a swamp. LOL

Kevin

sck5 03-12-2014 09:40 AM

HEY - My wife's name is Sheila. Dont want any ignorant savages from rude countries disrespecting her.

aeventyr60 03-12-2014 10:02 AM

He wouldn't want anything the Sheila's from NY have on offer either...

bljones 03-12-2014 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by northoceanbeach (Post 1618354)
My basic human fear is that that the chicks are going to become literally over come with lust and launch a full frontal assault upon me and my dinghy. I'm single handed so I'm no really sure what I can do to prevent this short of the perceived threat of violence.

Thoughts welcome.

The perfect defense- a sticker on your shirt that reads "Hi, my name is Cruising Dad" :)