SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

DIY-friendly boat yard in LI Sound

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  sailingdog 
#1 ·
I have a Colgate 26 sloop that I want to haul out for some rigging and bottom work. The latter involves applying Interprotect barrier coat followed by multi-season antifouling bottom paint. I''ve done my homework as far as what doing this safely and effectively entails. I can''t seem to find a place that''s DIY-friendly though. Anybody have any recommendations?

--Mike

#2 ·
Mike,
I just bought a new Colgate 26. How long have you had yours, and how do you like it. I,m on Lake Michigan and am having a yard do the Interprotect and bottom paint. The problem is that the boat should optimally be lifted and hung from the eye on keel bolts. Did you originally get a barrier coat on your boat?
Rob rbh@execpc.com

#8 ·
Michael—

I doubt you'll get a response from any of the posters above, as they posted this thread NINE years ago. You'd probably be better off posting a new thread of your own. A lot has changed in nine years and many yards that used to allow DIY work can not due to changes in the laws. I'd also highly recommend you read the POST in my signature. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.