SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Replacement curtains

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
I own a 1979 Pearson 26 One-design which needs replacement curtains for the side cabin windows. Any leads on a source would be appreciated or I guess I''ll have to get out needle, thread and material. Thanks!!!

#2 ·
Donato,
I wanted to replace the curtains in a 32'' Ericson a few years ago. I first went to a seamtress who specialized in custom work of this sort. The estimate was over $700! Thinking this was way over priced, I next went to the curtain department in Wards to get an estimate for this relatively small job (10 sets of curtains approximately 12" X 12" per piece). Again, $700 plus! I then had what turned out to be a great idea! I went to my local factory outlet and looked for cloth dinner place mats. I was absolutely amazed at what I found. The choice of materials and colors was hugh! The place mats were exactly the right size, priced between $2 to $5 each (factory outlet pricing), and were aleady hemmed and ready for installation using curtain hanger fittings purchased at West Marine. Once installed, they looked as good as the best custom curtains one could buy! Enjoy!

James

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.