Not a Member? 

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By deltaten

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2014

billymc38 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to billymc38
help needed in Lancaster PA

I have been trying to purchase a roller furling from a fellow in Lancaster PA for almost 2 months now, it has been taken apart and the longest section is 6 feet with total weight of about 35 lbs. I have offered him $200 more than asking price to cover shipping cost and he refuses to carry to ups where they will package and mail it for him.
This is a long shot but if someone in Lancaster PA would be willing, i would send you the money if you would purchase this for me and carry it too ups for packaging and delivery.
Sometimes you just gotta take chances in life and this is one of them trusting an honest sailor out there will help out another.
Thank you
Billy McGrew
Carolina Beach, NC
ph 9102062469
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-28-2014

justified is on a distinguished road
Re: help needed in Lancaster PA

Billy
Not for nothing and just my .02 but make a weekend out of it with the family or your GF it's only an 8hr drive.
Old 07-28-2014

Zarathu is on a distinguished road

You could visit the dutch country, and the Amish villages, etc. I used to live in Lancaster
County, but alas after 33 years living there I moved to the northeast coast of Maine. There is a guy who lives in New Providence, which is south of Lancaster who has been advertising a West wight potter on the Lancaster Craigslist for some time. He might be able to help you, if you go to the Lancaster, PA craiglist and look for sailboats.

Too bad, I checked, and he's not there.... he must have sold it. But here is a guy in Lancaster PA who is selling a small sailboat:

http://lancaster.craigslist.org/boa/4544096811.html

Its a stretch, but maybe he'd help you. I can't believe that the original seller won't drive out the East Petersburg(where the UPS office is) and get it packages for you. Seems like he doesn't want to sell it.

Last edited by Zarathu; 07-28-2014 at 02:17 PM.
Old 07-28-2014
A mod and her dragon

DRFerron is on a distinguished road

It sounds strange to me. Either the seller is up to something or he's physically unable to get to the post office. If the latter, why not just say so? Otherwise it sounds like he's forcing you to go to his house.

There are no roller furlers in North Carolina? Have you checked the boat consignment shops along the coast?

Honestly, I don't live far from Lancaster and if the situation you described didn't sound so off and/or I had a couple of guys to go with me and make sure my body was recovered along with your furler, I'd be happy to do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Catalina 30 TRFK

Contributing Editor
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
magazine

Rock Hall Cruising Station

All things that are, are equally removed from being nothing. John Donne
Old 07-28-2014

SOVT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by billymc38 View Post
I have been trying to purchase a roller furling from a fellow in Lancaster PA for almost 2 months now, it has been taken apart and the longest section is 6 feet with total weight of about 35 lbs. I have offered him $200 more than asking price to cover shipping cost and he refuses to carry to ups where they will package and mail it for him.
This is a long shot but if someone in Lancaster PA would be willing, i would send you the money if you would purchase this for me and carry it too ups for packaging and delivery.
Sometimes you just gotta take chances in life and this is one of them trusting an honest sailor out there will help out another.
Thank you
Billy McGrew
Carolina Beach, NC
ph 9102062469
Can't help with the shipping but I was down in Oriental NC last month and the marine store in town had two used ones for sale.

Old 07-28-2014

deltaten is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to deltaten

Hmmmm?
What Donna says. Does sound a bit odd. Toogood a deal to pass for $200 over asking? shipped?
Makes me wonder. :hmm:

If after some thought and a few more posts , all seems to be on the up-n-up; gimme a shout via PM. Shoot me the fella'sphone number and I'll call and see was'sup. *IF* it'll kosher , I'll step up, as I owe Karma a sailor's favor

regards,
Paul
SVAuspicious likes this.
Old 07-30-2014

Paul and the rest of you folksThank you for your responses still no luck finding one my size and Paul I tried sending you a pm but said I did not have enough post at this time if you could text me can explain a little more at 9102062468
Thanks for the suggestions
Take care
Billy
Old 07-30-2014

Green Eyes is on a distinguished road

Bill,
I live in Lancaster PA. Headed to Corolla NC, the week of the 8-17. Would be more than happy to help if you can make it work.
-Alan
Old 08-01-2014

Hi Alan
That would be great! Would save me some driving time as i do not get good gas milage wish i could put sails on my car lol
I am answers so questions here as its only fair i have to post 15 times before i can send a pm as i am needing help like most everyone else here so working on it will pm once i get able to
Thank you
Billy