SailNet Community

SailNet Community (
-   Gear & Maintenance (
-   -   Dumb Mainsail question (

dmelroy 06-16-2006 10:53 AM

Dumb Mainsail question
I know the answer to this will be oh so simple once I find it.. but.. I have a Hunter23 (1986) and I have had some of the clips which attach the mainsail to the mast break on me.. I can't find them anywhere for the life of me.. I dont know what their called.. and thats probably my biggest problem. Any guidance? Thanks!

capttb 06-16-2006 10:58 AM

What you want are generally called sail slugs, see attached website for some.

sailingdog 06-16-2006 12:01 PM

They're either sail slugs or sail slides depending on the design of the mast track. If it is an internal slot, then they're sail slugs and are either flat or round pieces about an inch or so long. If they go onto an external track on the mast, they're usually called sail slides or cars, and are a bit more expensive. is an excellent place to shop on the web. Give them a call if you have specific questions.

dmelroy 06-16-2006 01:26 PM

Thanks for the help!! I just did'nt know what they were called!

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) LLC 2000-2012

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome