SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Gear & Maintenance (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/)
-   -   OMC Saildrive parts needed (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/1793-omc-saildrive-parts-needed.html)

isail4sanity 07-24-2001 09:22 AM

OMC Saildrive parts needed

I have a ''78 O''Day 28 w/an OMC Saildrive for auxilary. Does anyone out there no of a scource for parts?

JeffH 07-24-2001 03:00 PM

As I understand it, even when OMC was still in business OMC Saildrive parts were next to imposible to get. With OMC gone belly up has to be even harder. There is a fellow from another BB named Craig Cook
<ccook@accuridecorp.com> who went through a major rebuild on his Saildrive and maybe he can help you a bit.

Good luck
Jeff

JeffH 07-24-2001 03:02 PM

Here''s the email address that I have for Craig ccook@accuridecorp.com I am not sure why it did not show above.

Jeff

dmitchell 07-26-2001 08:16 PM

Stone and Sons Marine
stone@outboard-parts.com
Came across these guys looking for parts for mine. they say they stock most all parts.

waltward 07-28-2001 06:12 PM

My brother has a Sail Drive in a S2 24 ft. Two years ago he needed gaskets as it was blowing water into the boat. I got into the internet & got to OMC although it did not give me anything on the Sail Drive it did give me addresses so that I was able to get to a customer service guy by phone. I was lucky that I got a guy who was familar with the unit & I learned that although it is called a 15 horse power it actually is the 35 H.P. de-tuned. Once you know that, getting parts is not nearly as troublesom. I was able to get a parts book & repair manual for the Sail Drive right from customer service. I think togather they were just over $50.
Walt Ward

waltward 07-28-2001 06:14 PM

PS:---------
My e-mail has changed ---had to add another --W---it is ----waltw@unnet.com

wardend 09-21-2001 12:24 PM

I have two OMC saildrive power heads but no lower end.

rangatang 10-30-2001 09:53 AM

I have a 1979 Niagara 26 and I am planning to change my auxiliary engine to a 9.9 4 stroke o/b in the Spring. At that time I will be removing the OMC Saildrive 15, both powerhead lower unit, and stainless steel folding prop. Runs well. Mechanic says saildrive needs seals done. Please contact me if you''re interested.

Gary at rangatang@sailnet.net

rangatang 10-30-2001 09:55 AM

I have a 1979 Niagara 26 and I am planning to change my auxiliary engine to a 9.9 4 stroke o/b in the Spring. At that time I will be removing the OMC Saildrive 15, both powerhead lower unit, and stainless steel folding prop. Runs well. Mechanic says saildrive needs seals done. Please contact me if you''re interested.

Gary rangatang@sailnet.net