SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Zincs for Sail Prop feathering prop

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Fstbttms 
#1 ·
I have a Sail Prop feathering prop on my Crealock 34. I used to get zincs for it from ANP, Inc., in Stafford, TX, or from a dealer in Annapolis, MD, but both are now out of business. Does anyone know where I can obtain zincs for this prop? The props are manufactured in Germany I believe.

Thanks for the information. My e-mail address is jbarnett@gordon-barnett.com.

#3 ·
henry2 said:
You might try looking at the www.smtinc.net web site. They make adaptors for several feathering props that allow standard cone zincs to be put on.
SMT does not make an adaptor for the Sailprop, only the Max-Prop and Autoprop.

Try VariProp, who service the Sailprop:

http://www.varipropusa.com/

Also try Island Packet, as they apparently sell the zinc for Sailprop:

http://www.ipy.com/

#5 ·
Rockter said:
I have found that it was very difficult to keep the zincs on the shaft. Those wee zinc fish you see run over the side seemed more reliable, if less convenient. Just clip it onto the shaft or coupling and drape it over the side.
Bear in mind that the longer the electrical path between the anode and the item being protected, the less protection that is provided. I'm not saying that the zinc "fish" don't work, but zincs on the shaft are the proper solution to protecting the shaft and prop. Streamlined collar zincs on the shaft are among the the most reliable anodes used on pleasure craft and if you are having trouble keeping them on, I suggest trying a different brand. There are differences in quality. I recommend the Reliance brand, first and foremost. Other good brands are Sea Shield and Martyr (although these are now apparently manufactured in China, a recent development, I believe. They used to be made in Canada.) Brands I'd stay away from are ElectroGard and Camp.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.