Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 07-28-2006

GREGMATELICH is on a distinguished road
Newport 41 owners

Does anyone have an original wood or steel shipping cradle, I'm in need of the dimensions so I can build one to bring my 41 home and not use jack stands.
Thanks for any assistance.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-29-2006

paulmcquillan is on a distinguished road
Probably better to join the Newport email list offered through this site -- there are a fair number of happy N41 owners there.

We sailed ours home, so don't have anthing that would help your quest.

Where is your starting and ending destination? Could you back-haul through one of the trunking companies that serves Catalina or one of the other mfgs?
Old 07-29-2006

GREGMATELICH is on a distinguished road
Newport 41 Cradle

Paul,
Thanks for the reply, I'm a bit new to this program and wasn't certain I'd done it right. The boat is now in Blaine Wa. on the canadian border above Seatlle.

We are rebuilding the interior so am bringing her home to Eureka, Montana and then launch her in The Flathead Lake next Spring (Lake is bigger than Tahoe) since we rarely have time to get to the coast anymore/ Will also build a self-Launching trailer for her (I designed both the Calkins and EZ Loader keelboat trailers back in the 80's but this will be a bit more challenging.)

We've had her since new in 82, and used to be the inland west dealer for Capitol yachts, sailed her to Hawaii, canada, most of the west coast and Mexico, she is a little war weary but structurally sound.

Sorry to ramble, again thanks for the reply.

Greg
Old 07-30-2006
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Brave man, building a trailer for a 41' boat is going to be a good challenge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.