SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Gear & Maintenance (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/)
-   -   Spindrift 22 - Owners manual (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/195-spindrift-22-owners-manual.html)

jedmonds 10-06-2000 07:23 PM

Spindrift 22 - Owners manual

I purchased this boat last week. The boat is in need of cleanup work but is in fairly good shape. I would be interested to know if there is anyone who might could help me obtain an owner''s manual for this boat. My understanding is that Rebel Industries went out of business many years ago, making it impossible to contact the maker. Also any helpful information would be appreciated. Thank you.

capn_j34 02-19-2001 11:29 AM

Spindrift 22 - Owners manual

I have one, Ill see if I can scan it and send it to you. It might take me a few day. Im glad to see Im not the only Spindrift 22 owner.

Thanks,
Jonathan
jonathan@wavegate.com

mcallin55 06-28-2006 03:32 PM

Standing Rigging

Can anybody get me the length of the aft stay. mine was ran over by a lawnmower and I need the length of it for my spindrift 22

sailingdog 06-28-2006 06:04 PM

You mean the backstay? I'd love to hear the story of how it was run over by a lawnmover.

mcallin55 07-01-2006 08:26 AM

The boat was being stored in an orange grove, and one of the grove tractors rand over the turnbuckle and stay.

Brucesrq 05-24-2008 09:00 PM

Wow, someone else has a spindrift 22! I have been searching high and low, and thus far limited success for any manual,literature available. Jim Taylor still answers emails but had no manuals etc. just scans of sales brochurs. He was the designer way back when they were still in business. The company still does business in Palmetto Florida under Precision Boatworks but dont admit to the old connections with starwind/spindrifts for some reason.

I am green with this posting thing, and I will catch on. sorry for the confusion.

electricc0wb0y 05-28-2009 11:11 AM

Is anyone still in need of manuals? I recently purchased a Spindrift 22 that came with 'the manuals.' There is not much content.

P.S. Does anybody know where the hose for the bilge pump goes? Mine appears to plugged, but I'm wondering if its because its sitting on the trailer? Idk. I have opened the valve on the port side of the table.

smedleyludlow 06-01-2009 10:49 PM

re: owners manual for spindrift 22

I also just bought a Spindrift 22, if you still have the scanned copy in your computer, could you please send it to me also? Thanks in advance.

electricc0wb0y 06-02-2009 11:46 AM

I need to scan the copy. Did you buy the Spindrift 22 in Canastota, NY?

smedleyludlow 06-18-2009 10:35 PM

re: owners manual for spindrift 22

Was there any progress on the owners manual for a spindrift 22? I have just about got all the bad fiberglass ground out, and am about ready to start lapping. I will be putting it in the water soon, and the owners manual info may be useful.