Love my marine airrrrr - SailNet Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 4 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Schooner Captain

Love my marine airrrrr

My marine air system has been installed for 2 months now, but only 3 days ago did I solve the issue with it. It seems the boat builder installed an odd ducting system, slow down the air to a very slow flow. One removed, and hoses were shortened, and the vent next to the return duct was shut off, the AC blow so cold, you cannot stand in the path of the blower shirtless. We had been running a fan to circulate air, and now we only run one small fan to blow cold air into the bedroom 20' away.
One 16,000BTU AC unit keep the entire boat cooled even in 90+ weather. It also does not freeze up now that the air is wooshing thru.
I got the unit as a new leftover, but have found them for $1400 online now. Another tayana owner got a webasto and had nothing but issues with it, he returned his for a marine airrrr as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVbNalG5cSY

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 4 Weeks Ago
Morgan 33 O.I. Perryville

Re: Love my marine airrrrr

I love mine as well. In fact, some friends that were staying aboard their boat at the marina one evening called and asked if they could spend the night aboard my boat so they could sleep. The temperature that night was in the low 80s and the humidity was nearly 100 percent. I wasn't going to be there for the next few days, and told them to move aboard and enjoy themselves. A week later, he was in the process of installing a 16,000 BTU heat pump on his Catalina 30. I think his wife pitched in half for the unit.

All the best,

Gary
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.