SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Westerbeke W46 - "Early" vs "Late" model engines

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  afrinus 
#1 ·
My boat is equipped with a W46 manufactured in February 1986.
Talking to someone about purchasing some old (new) spares that that they no longer require, it was mentioned that there is a "early" vs "late" model W46 and that injectors for the late model does not fit the early model.

He stated that the change happened in '86

Looking at Westerbeke's model number identification info, I don't see any reference to different versions of the W46.

Can anyone give me some info on this?
If there is two different versions, is there a serial number were things changed?

Thanks

Pete

#3 ·
True, but I don't see anything about different versions on their site - maybe I'm just not looking in the right place (wont be the first time...)
Apparently, one of the differences between the old and new is the raw water pump - however the parts catalog on Westerbeke site shows only one type???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.