SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Roller Furling Identity

621 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  overbored 
#1 ·
I just bought a 1986 Catalina 25 and have issues with the roller furling. It seems like chrome thing that guides the rope is not stationary and swivels. It is independent of the roller but it still moves. This seems wrong to me. If anyone knows the brand maybe I can track them down and get more help on this issue. Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
From the tattered logo I think its a 'non flexible' Cruising Design furler of indeterminate age...(CDI)

#3 ·
the furler should have the line guide fixed to the non spinning portion to make the line lead straight to the next block. Also the blue tape that someone wrapped around the rigging toggle is not a good idea. it helps keep in the water so the fitting can corrode and you will not see it until it is to late.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.