SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Good experience with Whitecaps Marine Outfitters

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  albrazzi 
#1 ·
A couple days ago I went looking for a particular cup holder that I had seen months ago and finally decided to buy. One place I found to buy them was called Whitecaps Marine Outfitters. The price seemed competitive so I ordered two.

During checkout, I was surprised when free shipping was one of the options presented (only later did I see that their website says, "Free shipping on all U.S. orders"). I selected that option and was even more surprised when the free shipping turned out to be 2-day express mail. So I ordered my cup holders on Wednesday and had them on my porch Friday afternoon, shipped California to Maryland. I'll be checking these people out again. They seem to mostly have sailing clothing but also some amount of what I would call "gear", in addition to some hardware like blocks and such.

Just a happy customer and thought I would pass it along.

(And by the way, the cup holders seem nice also. I got the white ones. Haven't use 'em yet.)

#4 ·
I might get a couple of those, I don't like drilling holes and things I might bump into being soft...
One reason I got these is that I've gone through two shattered holders that either got stepped on or bumped into.

I used them last weekend. So far, thumbs up. The adhesive on the velcro was stronger than I expected. I did consider mounting them using a screwed-on panel of some sort, but I'll hold off until I have trouble with the velcro.

The cup holders themselves appear to be high quality; they look nice and worked great for my outing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.