Sails for Islander 36 - SailNet Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By aeventyr60

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 10-12-2015 Thread Starter

Sails for Islander 36

Hello ... I have just bought a 1978 islander yacht i36,, ,, but the sails are really old as the material have started to deteriorate... I am trying to find out how and where is the best way of buying new sails for my boat,,,, please help me out... Suggestions highly welcome
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 10-12-2015
Just another Moderator

Re: Sails for Islander 36

The best way to get sails for your boat (any boat) is to select a local sailmaker and have them measure your rig and build/provide the sails you want.

Alternatively you could try any of the various on-line lofts.. with a recognized/common design such as the I36 you may have some success this way, and save a few buck in the process. However it can be a bit difficult to get any sort of service from the local guys if the sail doesn't fit as advertised.

Wait/delivery times are typically similar either way (6-8 weeks)

btw I moved your query into it's own thread.. you'll get better responses that way than by tagging onto an old/dead thread. Oh - and Welcome to Sailnet.

Ron

1984 Fast/Nicholson 345 "FastForward"

".. there is much you could do at sea with common sense.. and very little you could do without it.."
Capt G E Ericson (from "The Cruel Sea" by Nicholas Monsarrat)
post #3 of 4 Old 10-13-2015

Last week, on tuesday We rocked into Rolly Taskers in Phuket, gave them the measurements and on Friday fitted the sail and then sailed back down to Langkawi...excellent service from the all female staff of sailmakesrs, funny thing they were hitting on old Jerry to go sailing...
jerryrlitton likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Your dreams minus your doubts equals your net worth"

Life is a short journey, filled with emptiness and pain. Get all the sailing and booty you can.
post #4 of 4 Old 10-13-2015
69' Coronado 25

Dock

Check with MINNEY'S YACHT SURPLUS - WE MAKE BOATING AFFORDABLE

"There're those that stand at the shore looking to the sea, wondering, and there're those standing at the helm looking back at the shore, knowing." - Kurt Leisenfelder

"Fiberglass shells that let us breathe, let us smell, keep us from going numb"- Kurt Leisenfelder

My Avatar is a pic of my son - Jan 19, 2014.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.