Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 09-19-2001

mrputzo is on a distinguished road
Non-skid decks

I want to renew my non-skid decks. Any suggestions? A few years ago I had a sample of a product from California that was painted on and contained ground up bits of rubber tires. I''ve lost the name of the product or company. Any help on locating this company or other suggestions that work and look professional are appreciated.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 09-24-2001

bevbob1 is on a distinguished road
Non-skid decks

Have just renewed the deck/cabin top on my C&C27 with a product called Safe t cote M22UV made by Polycoatings International.Two part urethane with ground up rubber as the non-skid medium. Looks great and the non-skid qualities are better than original. Purchased here in Canada(see link) at a cost of $100.00($65.00 US) with the special roller applicator. Hopes this info proves to be of value....www.polycoatings.com
Old 09-24-2001

kimberlite is on a distinguished road
Non-skid decks

does it come in colors.
how long has it been on your deck?
thanks
eric
Old 09-24-2001

CwC0712 is on a distinguished road
Non-skid decks

I work at a West Marine in New Jersey and we sell a product called Skid-No-More. It''s a paint that you have to roll on. maybe that''s what you''re thinking of
Old 09-24-2001

Non-skid decks

Re: non-skid coating. Standard colours are black and dark grey, but custom colours are available. I chose a light silver grey. The coating was applied approx. two months ago, and while not a long period, I do believe that it will stand up to the normal wear and tear one can expect. Accidently dropped a winch handle, but shows no damage unlike gel coat which most often fractures or chips.
Old 09-30-2001

mrputzo is on a distinguished road
Non-skid decks

Thanks for the info. I have looked at the website and requested some more info from the company. It sounds like the product I had in mind. How long did it take you to do your boat, did you do all the non-skid or just certain areas. Did you have to sand off the old non-skid. How much did it cost to tint a gallon . How much material did you use for your 27 footer, my boat is a little larger so a can judge from your usage.
How hard was it to work with, set up, hardeneing etc.

Thanks again
Old 10-01-2001

Non-skid decks

Covered all non-skid on decks and cabin top. Took one gallon kit(U.S.Measure). Cost as prevoiusly noted included tinting and 2 roller applicators. Prep was a scrub with Old Dutch followed with a hose wash and then an acetone wipe. Actual coating time took approx. 3 hours. Major time was on masking(radiusing corners of non-skid),probably about 5 hours. Time consuming but looks professional. Original non-skid was a raised nap gel coat non-skid, not checkered as found on later model boats. However I do think that two coats as recommended would cover most checkered non-skid. Have had countless compliments on this non skid project. In conclusion, this is a project that most boat owners can accomplish achieving first class results. Hope this helps in your decision making.
Old 10-07-2001

mikeking is on a distinguished road
Non-skid decks

I recently noticed three circular cracks (1/4 to 1/2 inch in diameter) on my deck, all within 6 inches of each other. Looks as if a round hard object the size of a marble impacted the deck. There appears to be a void under the cracks. The boat is a 2000 Catalina. Any ideas?
Old 10-08-2001

Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about Jeff_H has a spectacular aura about
Non-skid decks

I would try to get the dealer to look at that as warrantee claim. You should not have delamination in a year or two old boat.
Jeff