Rigger's Apprentice update - SailNet Community
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 3 Weeks Ago Thread Starter
Rigger's Apprentice update

I happened to visit Spartalk a few minutes ago and saw this post by Brion Toss about an upcoming new edition of his book, Rigger's Apprentice. Brion's a decent guy, so I thought I'd pass it on:
Hello all,
I have been much absent from these pages lately, but I have a good excuse: International Marine asked me for a revised and expanded update on the Rigger's Apprentice, and I've been working on that. They only wanted a bit, but I am giving them -- and you -- a lot. Almost every page of my copy is marked up with red ink, either to correct previously undetected flaws, or to reflect evolutions and variations in the field since the book was written, or to premier brand-new concepts.
If you want to get in line for a signed copy of the first printing, contact catalog@briontoss.com, and we will put you on the list. We've already had some requests for Christmas pre-printing gift certicicates, so let us know if you want one of those. The idea is that we mail you your copy as it comes off the presses, probably some time in January.
I am nearly done with a usable draft as of today. Will keep you posted. Please spread the word, if you will.
Fair leads,
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.