SailNet Community

SailNet Community (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/)
-   Gear & Maintenance (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/)
-   -   Lewmar 46-ST (http://www.sailnet.com/forums/gear-maintenance/23234-lewmar-46-st.html)

TexLex 09-21-2006 06:20 PM

Lewmar 46-ST

Anyone know where I can get the upper and lower crowns for a Lewmar 46-ST? Lewmar says they don't make them or stock parts for them anymore.

Any help would be appreciated.

sailingdog 09-21-2006 09:04 PM

You'd probably be better off trying to find a used Lewmar 46-ST at one of the marine consignment shops or used marine gear retailers. That way, you'll have more spare parts than just the two crowns.

sailingfool 09-21-2006 11:41 PM

Lewmar parts

Quote:

Originally Posted by sailingdog
You'd probably be better off trying to find a used Lewmar 46-ST at one of the marine consignment shops or used marine gear retailers. That way, you'll have more spare parts than just the two crowns.

There seems to be a big demand for Lewmar STs as I've watched for some 48s to upgrade our upgraded 46s. They don't last long and go for $1,200 and up a pair. Makes for expensive parts..where have all the Katrina components gone..

winchspares 07-13-2007 12:43 PM

Lewmar winch spares

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexLex
Anyone know where I can get the upper and lower crowns for a Lewmar 46-ST? Lewmar says they don't make them or stock parts for them anymore.

If your need help finding spares for older winch spares, suggest you e-mail
sales@winchspares.com , or
visit their web WinchSpares.com

SVDistantStar 07-13-2007 02:11 PM

Winchspares, you do know this thread is from Sep. 2006 right? How about not reviving old threads to promote your website.

sailingdog 07-13-2007 07:41 PM

Winchspares just is interested in spamming us about his business... it would be more understandable if he wasn't doing it on dead threads... but he doesn't seem to understand the terms of service agreement he agreed to when he joined.

swadiver 07-13-2007 08:02 PM

Too low...

For anybody that is looking for Lewmar spare parts and to give Winchspares some competition. I use Svendsons Marine Supply located in the bay area.

Aegeansailor 03-13-2009 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexLex (Post 82308)

I used Winchspares (you can find them in the net) recently for a base (very hard to find part) for the Lewmar st and an upper crown. Service was very good and prices reasonable too.
If anyone has the ST56 like I do in my Jeanneau Sun Magic 44 I would recomend you check the base because corrosion takes place because of dissimilar metals (alu and bronz or alu and stainles steel. This could cause the winch to brake under load
Good luck : )