SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Cradle Help

611 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Barquito 
#1 ·
I need some measurements for a cradle for my Coronado 25 sailboat. We don't store our boats on land here in So Cal. so finding a cradle is impossible, I have to make one to move my boat about 30 miles on a borrowed flatbed trailer to get my boat to my work so I can make repairs and paint. I need length and width of the cradle and approximate height of the pads and if at all possible how far apart (beam width) the pads are for the both front and rears If anyone has a "blueprint" sketch or plans on one please let me know at socal.c50@gmail.com
Thank You

#2 ·
I hope someone with a Coronado 25 has this information for you. If not, I have seen what looks like very ill-fitting cradles used to haul boats for years without problems. If you are forced to make the thing just from the boat line drawings, you would probably do much better than some I have seen. Obviously the more expensive solution would be to hire a truck to do the whole thing. Or, put the boat in a marina for a week (renting jack stands) while you build a cradle under the boat. Good luck with your project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.