SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Need help with a Catalina 22

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  warax 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm looking for some help! I've bought a Catalina 22 ( sail number 2567), no serial number on the hull.. Thing is, i'm pretty sure it's missing some part. I've bought the Catalina Direct handbook, look on the net everything in order to find plan for the rigging of the boat. The last owner was using the boat as it is, but for example, it's missing a main sheet traveler ( there is just small wooden pulley running along the U shaped track ) , it's missing lot's of cleat, pulley etc. i was wondering if there is somewhere a plan of any kind that i can look to know what's missing?

#6 ·
I have a Coronado 23 (same hull but predates Catalina). On my old boat. the traveler is a car that runs on a track mounted on the cockpit sole just outside the companionway.
It works fine but is in the way for getting in and out of the cabin if the traveler is centered.
I would send a photo but the boat is under two feet of snow at the moment.

#8 · (Edited)
I disagree Barquito. I mean, it is narrow but it still has an effect. I can boost performance upwind move the traveler up and loosen the sheet a bit.....and slack the traveler off leaving the sheet tight when the wind is too strong and it makes a noticeable difference.

You are right that you can sail with it in the center, but the boat is slow enough. No need to neglect sail trim.

#9 ·
Hi! Thanka for the info! I have the same traveler bar that was post up there! I juste don't have the traveler and the pulley... Should i juste buy an other traveler from Catalina Direct or should i just change everything. If so, with what and how... There isn't much space for a regular traveler track in the cockpit :s Rob Paterson, i feel your pain mine too is under snow here in Quebec. The thibg is last boat i had was with my father and was a Bombardier Holland 7.5 and nothing was missing ! I juste have trouble knowing what should be there and what itsn't a necessity. My father just passed away and this was our new project boat so i dont have his expert eyes to know what is really missing :s i'll try to post some picture of what i have right noe that the last owner used as a traveler car...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.