SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Monitor Windvane

2K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  SailNet Archive 
#1 ·
I''m looking for a used Monitor windvane, does anyone know of one for sale??
Ed

#2 ·
Monitors are generally constructed from the factory with custom designd supporting structures that are specific to the make an model of the boat. This makes it hard to simply buy a used one in the same way that you can buy a used Aries.

Jeff

#4 ·
Thanks Ed. That is really good to know. I have admired the monitors and in fact had thought of buying a used one some years back. The guy selling it was the first time that I was told you had to buy one customized for your boat. It sounds like you have had good results with the Monitors. What kind of boats have you used them on?

Regards

Jeff

#5 ·
Jeff. Yes, I really like the Monitor. I made three trips to Hawaii and a circumnavigation
with one. It is the most important piece of equipment my boat. I have used one on a Fuji 35, a Cascade29 and now I will put one on my Ericson35. If you call Scanmar Marine and tell them what boat you have they will send you a diagram that will show one mounted on your boat. This is a free service.
Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.