SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Seachoice vs Watt Mobile Panels

573 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  2ndimpression 
#1 ·
Hi Folks,

Im looking at putting a bigger panel on the boat to keep batteries topped up.
One place has a Seachoice 25W item 14481 for $286.
Another has Watt Mobile 50W item ESP FLEX50 for $226.

I don't want to buy a crap panel and im curious as to why this Watt Mobile is double the wattage but less money.

Does any body have any thoughts on those 2 brands or could suggest a brand? Im working in a 27"x27" square that i can mount the panel.

Most of the time all thats running in the boat is interior lights (soon to be LED) tablet charging and stereo that is bluetoothed to the tablet. I have a small fridge but i don't use it very often.

I can't find a website for either manufacturer.

Thanks

#4 ·
Well SeaChoice is a retail brand that is sold in lots of chandleries, they don't seem to make much if anything, just put there brand on things. Really similar to West Marine, but for independent dealers. I am not familiar with there solar panels, sounds like it is meant to charge a battery on a boat left on a mooring, is that your plan?

Seachoice | Boating and Sea Life Products

The other brand I have not heard of, but there are lots of them out there. If you are looking for inexpensive ones, I have heard good things about the panels at Canadian Tire being ridiculously cheap, no reason to get a "marine" panel.

#5 ·
I was wanting to have a semi flexible panel that can be "walked" on. It's going under the boom right infront of the dodger. My boat faces east at the dock so it will get lots of sun. The boat sits all week and i want the batteries to be fully topped up.
I have to be careful ordering from the states since i pay 13% tax and 25% on the dollar.

Ill checkout those links. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.