2 Blade vs 3 Blade prop - Page 3 - SailNet Community
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 24 Old 01-02-2007
Hi everyone:
On xmas eve I lost the propeller while entering the marina on my Gulfstar CSY42. I dont have the propeller specs I know the shaft is 1'' and the engine is a Yanmar 59. I will appreciate any information from other owners so I can order anew one before putting the boat on the hard.
Jose Caballero
S/S Cundeamor
Quote Quick Reply Share with Facebook
Sponsored Links
post #22 of 24 Old 01-02-2007
My best advise to you is to contact a propeller supplier, such as Gori or Max prop, and let them figure out what is best suited for you, your sailing habits, and to your boat/engine, instead of trying to get what you had there before.

Prop tech has suffrered some evolution and sionce you need a new one, why not get the best?
post #23 of 24 Old 01-02-2007
ASA and PSIA Instructor
The MaxProp guys at http://www.pyacht.net/cgi-local/Soft....htm?E+scstore are very expert - we have been very pleased with our MaxProp three blade over the the last five years. A premium product at a premium price...
post #24 of 24 Old 01-02-2007 Thread Starter
Wandering Aimlessly
Well, after checking things out, I put my refurbished prop back on today. Or at least the diver did. Was less than $200 including the diver. Would have been nice to get a new one, but with the new Wheel Pilot, having to redo the AC wiring including a new panel, and clean up the wet core at the rear of the boat to mount the davits, now just didn't seem the time. Appreciate everyone's input and I'm sure I'll make use of it down the road.

Ontario 32 - Aria

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.