Safety
Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 01-08-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
In other words about half the population of Portugal would be waving at me??
[/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, behave yourself, you are the Robot Cam, the Dirty HarryCam, the Clint EastCamwood.......lead by example!!! No jokes about us stupid foreigners!!!

By the way, maybe you mean France..... and remember, Broke mountain is in the US!!

Got me you dirty b*******
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 01-08-2007

pigslo is on a distinguished road
I have flat wide feet and I have found white soled tennis shoes to work for me. Reboks has a white soled model that I wear for five years before replacement.
pigslo
Old 01-08-2007
purveyor of mischief

sanctuarysam will become famous soon enough
T,
maybe the rockports don't like my 'new to me' boat..they liked the J/24, maybe they aren't crazy about the Sabre..who knows...i only ever wore them sailing, so it isn't like they were worn out on the asphalt.
it did take me a while to stop laughing at Cam's post so i could reply...touche'
Old 01-08-2007

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Shoes and non skid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T34C
Sam- I'm really surprised the Rockports aren't providing good traction. They are my favorite boat shoes for both comfort and traction and have never had a problem.
Interesting, I too find the rockports do well on our boat, (Tartan 37) This makes me ponder if different shoes perform differently on different non skid? Sounds like a good test for Practical Sailor uh?

Old 01-08-2007

mgiguere is on a distinguished road
Crocs are Best

They feel that you're getting a foot message with every step. They are also great on deck, don't skid and best of all are relatively cheap. I have bought every other kind over the years. No comparison!

Moe
Old 01-08-2007
purveyor of mischief

sanctuarysam will become famous soon enough
slip slidin' awaaay

Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef
Interesting, I too find the rockports do well on our boat, (Tartan 37) This makes me ponder if different shoes perform differently on different non skid? Sounds like a good test for Practical Sailor uh?

this begs an interesting question about age.. the shoes have only ever been worn on the boat ..the remaining 'tread' is fairly significant, but the shoes are 6 years old.i keep wondering if just roughing up the soles a bit wouldn't help..
the worst part..they are really comfortable, but damn if i want to try to swim w/ em on...and they weren't cheap if i remember correctly...
speaking of practical sailor..mine came today...i guess the safety tether article might be appropriate to read....
Old 01-08-2007
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Sam- I wonder if the rubber on your shoes hasn't dried out a bit making them slick. I have noticed on some of my older Rockports (the ones now used for working on the boat/painting) get a little dried out??? The other idea, I don't know your boat, but if you have a layer of oxidation on the gelcoat, that could also make the deck slick. (even with "non skid")
Old 01-08-2007
A little less cheek

ianhlnd will become famous soon enough ianhlnd will become famous soon enough
Talking

Don't wear shoes on the boat. Bare feet has the best traction there is.

If you're worrying about showing your gnarly toes and green moldy stuff on your toenails, go to a slip-on, or BUY Giullettas new improved plasticised foot covering. It sprays on and it totally environmentally friendly. Once it starts to peel, you can strip off pieces and use for stink bait. As the product wears, simply spray on more layers. Note: 6 to 7 coats are suggested with sanding between coats.
Old 01-09-2007

FrankLanger is on a distinguished road
Bare feet are fine when lounging on deck at the end of the day, but not when water is splashing over the deck when heeled 20 degrees--it gets slippery then! And barefeet increases the chances of stubbedd toes or cuts if you are going forward quickly and misjudge where the chainplate or padeye is located.
I think a good pair of deck shoes is a safety requirement.
Frank.
Old 01-09-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Frank, I think Ian was joking...I hope

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.