Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 01-19-2007
Wandering Aimlessly

PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about PBzeer has a spectacular aura about
jones isn't a nom de plume for surf is it?

Free, is the heart, that lives not, in fear.
Full, is the spirit, that thinks not, of falling.
True, is the soul, that hesitates not, to give.
Alive, is the one, that believes, in love.
JCP

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Website & Blog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 01-19-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
This thread gives "playing with your jones" new meaning!
Old 01-19-2007

jones2r is on a distinguished road
What I don't understand is why Kermie didn't mention flat feet and 4WD? Hope he saw them. TB dragged up all that stuff about frogs -- somebody had played off of that line and reminded me of Kermie.

Hope he comes back. I've been having a great time. Probably stay away for awhile, though.
Old 01-20-2007
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Hey Kermie!
That rueben sandwhich at Nifty's is on me, bud. Thanks for chiming in. I think I'll be bringing a crazy Portagee with me. No worries-he's got a wicked sense of humor and he's bringing the wine.
Old 01-20-2007

jones2r is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a Portagee with Italian ancestry.
Old 01-20-2007

pigslo is on a distinguished road
http://www.eskimo.com/~mighetto/murrelet.htm for you mac lovers that are delusional.
pigslo
Old 01-20-2007
Thanks Courtney.

T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about T34C has a spectacular aura about
Pigslo- PLEASE don't make me look at that again. I'm not making any comments in an effort to be civil since there was a reasonable question that started all of this.
Old 01-21-2007

theWindchime is on a distinguished road
Thanks T34c;

And thanks to the others that gave good advise to my question regarding Spinnaker size.

I read a lot of other threads before posting my question, so I kind of knew what I was getting into. I started this thread to get some serious answers from what I thought are seasoned sailors, about the size of spinnaker we should use.

It seems that most people on this site have a strong sense of safety, as I have read many comments about not drinking a sailing. So I think it should not matter if we are talking about a Laser or a 40' S.V., because I think questions about safety can end up being a matter of someone's life or death if given the wrong/bad/no advice. My question was to ensure the safety of my wife and I while we are on the ocean, and I take this very seriously. That's why I turned to you people for help.

A lot of you folks have so much great knowledge that you could share with all the rest of us on this site. It's just too bad that everyone has to read through so much of some of your B.S. crap and ass-rants just to find anything of value. I am no stick in the mud by any means, far from it. But in my humble opinion, even being a newbie to this site, think maybe you guys need to think just a bit before auto typing the first slag that comes to mind. Maybe think about what some of us are asking, and why, and the impact/consequence your replies may have. I enjoy a lot of your wit and humour (really) and all the rest that goes with it, just sometimes enough is enough.

Just my thoughts tonight, but I think the dozen or so of you could be leading this site by a much better example.

respectfully;
S.V. Windchime and crew
Old 01-21-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Wind,

Forget the BS, each boat serves a purpose...
So are you going to make the Spi or not??

Hope you do, its cool. Let me know, ok??

G
Old 01-21-2007
Owner, Green Bay Packers

sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice sailaway21 is just really nice
Hang around WindChime. The vast majority of us ain't got no money, ain't got the boat we dream of, and don't sail nearly as much as we'd like. There are a few, actually very few, who piss in your boot no matter what the topic. In my humble opinion they are usually noveau riche and equate their boat with their pecker.

Macs take alot of unfair grief here, especially when you consider that about half the people dropping in on the site don't even have a boat. The mantra is, and will always be, any boat is better than no boat. Stick around, and if you really want to tell somebody off go over to "fight club" and let 'er fly-you wouldn't be the first.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.