SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Discontinued Harken Equipment

790 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Southern Cross 42cc 
#1 ·
I own a 2003 Beneteau 42cc and converted her to a cutter rig. I need two additional genoa lead cars to fit the stainless steel Harken 40mm T-track. Harken no longer makes the cars. Photo of car attached. Does anyone know of an alternative or where I might find used parts? I've tried Ebay.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Harken still lists them in the catalog Harken. I would guess they would be well over 1k each. might be cheeper to change track and cars to gaurhauer standard 1 1/4" or find some used ones Call Garhauer marine. I know they make them for 1.5" T track. they do custom cars and are very reasonable on the custom stuff
http://www.harken.com/productcategory.aspx?taxid=496

#3 ·
A marine consignment store might work. We have one nearby, I don't know where you are located. Ask google. You could make calls, but expect a delayed reply, if they are all anything like ours. A bit disorganized. It's like a massive indoor junkyard. Best to go paw thru the inventory yourself, but worth a try on the phone, if you're patient.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.