Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 03-05-2007

jonaf is on a distinguished road
Autohelm ST50 tri-data & multi display

Does anyone have a parts source for the LCD module (I think it is part# Q021) that was incorporated into these instruments? I have several st50 display units where the LCD's are shot--either from sun or moisture (or both).

Or.....do you have any of these instruments that need a new LCD display? I've found a source that can replicate them however the initial tooling cost is $1,000+. If there is enough interest, we might be able to put in a shared order. If 40 are ordered I am told the cost would come down to about $30 / a piece ( a far cry from the $500 that is being asked for the st60's or st60+).

-jon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 10-30-2008

markpieczonka is on a distinguished road
Hi jon, Did anything ever come of this? I'm also looking for an ST50 wind display.
Old 11-09-2008

rjhende is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaf View Post
Does anyone have a parts source for the LCD module (I think it is part# Q021) that was incorporated into these instruments? I have several st50 display units where the LCD's are shot--either from sun or moisture (or both).

Or.....do you have any of these instruments that need a new LCD display? I've found a source that can replicate them however the initial tooling cost is $1,000+. If there is enough interest, we might be able to put in a shared order. If 40 are ordered I am told the cost would come down to about $30 / a piece ( a far cry from the $500 that is being asked for the st60's or st60+).

-jon
Jon
Any luck on finding the LCD's for the ST 50

Bob
Old 11-28-2011

Georgewr9f is on a distinguished road
I have an ST-50 tridata display in working condition, but it gets moisture inside and acts up, because the screw seats are compromised. I would be very interested in replacing it. I do not want to upgrade to ST-60 for two reasons, cost is one, also regardless what they tell you it is not a simple replacement thing. I did it on another boat and ended up replacing more instruments and a significant cost because of "software incompatability" (as per manufacturer...) So if a good package is put together, I would be interested.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.