Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 03-31-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by conchyjoe
PERSONAL ATTACK- DELETED QUOTE
Ummm. I guess that proves my point...

and no, I'm not a Brit.. EDITED
And who was whining about personal attacks earlier...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message Share with Facebook
Old 03-31-2007

LaLeLu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog
Ummm. I guess that proves my point...

EDITED. and no, I'm not a Brit.. EDITED
And who was whining about personal attacks earlier...
Sailing Dog - I believe that only you fail to see that this thread is an ego thing with you. How about we let Sailing Dog win? You certainly have more tenacity than any other poster on this thread. Get over yourself already.
Old 03-31-2007

LaLeLu is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaraderie
[B]You already established numerous time that you live in a box, and are on this board to simply argue with people, which is fine with me, so post away, the links are meaningless to me.
YOU, CAMARADERIE, are arguing about something you have no personal, first hand knowledge of, so fire away, your posts are meaningless to me.
Old 03-31-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Maybe A Break In The Mystery????

CJoe...reading your "technical summary" post above it occurred to me that there may be an alternate explanation for our disagreement. Let me highlight in bold the section of that post which I refer to AND a segment of the BlueSky controller description you posted yesterday and a couple of other quotes you made in the last 24 hours that got me thinking:
CJ-"I will once again submit that I saw a maximum of 79.9AH out of the SolarStik"
"I stand by what I have reported all along. 79.9AH maximum in one day. 0AH after the sun went down"
"I measured the output of the panels AND the output of the charge controller buy observing the digital meter ON the charge controller."

BlueSky-"The display shows battery voltage, solar panel current and output charge current"
Here is the new possibility:
Since you have stated that your measurement was only done with the charge controller display...you simply READ the display wrong at some point on that sunny day and momentarily were reading 7.99 AMPS rather than 79.9 AMP HOURS.

THE BLUE SKY DISPLAY DOES NOT AND CANNOT MEASURE AMP HOURS...It only measures output charge current which is AMPS!!

Tell me I am right and we can forget the last gazillion posts. If I am wrong then we...
1. Need to know how YOU measured AMP HOURS since you stated the charge controller was the only device used and that is where you got your reading.

2. Need to give you 30 lashes for once again confusing electrical terms.

Old 03-31-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Susan-

I was actually interested in finding out whether Conchy Joe is really an "uncompensated" product reviewer, and what his qualifications are. His basic errors with the fundamentals of electrical theory had me wondering about whether he was at all qualified to write a review about a product. The fact that almost all of what he wrote was either cribbed from the SolarStik marketing materials or factually questionable made me wonder what is really going on.

It didn't help his case that whenever anyone had a pertinent and relevant criticism, he accused them of attacking him personally.

Finally, he said that the military was able to get 100 AH out of one in Kuwait during a 16-hour day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by conchyjoe
Sailingdog, I did verify and can mention that around 100AH has been achieved by the Military. However that was in the Kuwait Desert when they had about 16 hour days.

Just an FYI.
However, due to Kuwait's geographic location, unless the Earth stopped spinning for a bit, it isn't possible for Kuwait to have a 16-hour day—ever.

So either he is lying through his teeth or exxagerating to the point where there is no real difference, which seems to be the more plausible option, or the Earth miraculously stopped so that the military could get 16 hours of sunlight in Kuwait...

Or, finally, he read the display on the BlueSky controller as Cam has pointed out and is too ignorant to realize the difference between Amps and Amp-hours... which is quite similar to a mistake he has already admitted to.

BTW, I am not attacking Conchy Joe, even though I am using words that are less than glowing to describe him... but describing the situation as I see it, accurately.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Last edited by sailingdog; 03-31-2007 at 11:48 PM.
Old 03-31-2007
Banned

conchyjoe is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to conchyjoe
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailingdog
Blah blah blah blah
What are your credentials dog?

Hello?

Answer my question.

I already answered yours. My site was paid for be me. Nobody has paid to advertise on it. Nobody.

Now answer mine. What are your credentials? Dog? Own a boat? Sailboat?

Come on now, we are waiting.......
Old 03-31-2007
Telstar 28

Conchy Joe-

I've already answered those questions, and most of the people on this site know my credentials, and I've posted on a wide range of subjects on these forums.

Telstar 28
New England

Old 03-31-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
LeLaLu...LOL...THOSE AREN'T MY WORDS YOU QUOTED...the post you attributed quoted from me was actually a quote from your buddy CJOE in several posts above mine. Are you turning on your friends now!!??

By the way...I don't have any experience directly with time machines either but I know they don't work as claimed by some either.
Old 03-31-2007
Telstar 28

Cam-

I'd also point out that CJ did clearly attack me...he called me British... damn.. that's almost as bad as being called French... or Portugese...

Telstar 28
New England

Old 04-01-2007
moderate?

SailingDog...you are wrong about Cjoes website stats. It is entirely possible to have 25000 hits and very little traffic. Many people mistakenly associate hits to mean VISITS to the Site by individuals OR Page views. Neither is true and NO ADVERTISER pays for HITS.
A hit is a download of a specific element on a single web page!! Looking at this web page just once by one person would generate perhaps 100 or more hits.
So...I think you need to withdraw your charges about CJoe being a compensated commercial poster. He has said he is not AND I can tell you that NO advertiser is going to pay for space on a site with 100 registered users and 400 posts. As he said...it is a young site so that is not a slam. Just the fact.

Quick Reply

By choosing to post the reply above you agree to the rules you agreed to when joining Sailnet.
Click Here to view those rules.

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the SailNet Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Please note: After entering 3 characters a list of Usernames already in use will appear and the list will disappear once a valid Username is entered.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.