Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 04-13-2007

82Venture22 is on a distinguished road
Mast Lights That Light Up The **** Pit

Does anyone know where I can buy mast lights. But this is a light assembly that goes on the mast for the sole purpose of lighting up the **** pit. ?? I know some people have made them would love to see pics.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 04-13-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
If you're thinking of the lights that go on the mast, they're usually combination steaming lights with a deck light, and not for the cockpit. Like this one: LINK

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 04-13-2007

82Venture22 is on a distinguished road
Perfect

This would totally work .. less holes to drill in the mast thank you so much sailingdog.

K.
Old 04-13-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
LOL... glad to help.. why re-invent the wheel when you don't have to.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Old 04-13-2007

Freesail99 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Freesail99
Good light, thanks Sg. I think I will pick one up for my boat. But while I am going up the mast to install this light, I might as well get a few things done. What is the name of that lubricant used to greese the track on the mast ?
Old 04-13-2007
Telstar 28

I would use either Boeshield T9 or McLube Sailcote. Either will work pretty well, and both are "dry-film" lubricants that are unlikely to pickup dirt and clog the track.

BTW, what kind of boat is s/v Ark Angel??

Telstar 28
New England

Old 04-13-2007

Freesail99 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Freesail99
The Boeshield is what I had used before, but for the life of me, could not remember the name. Thanks, SG.
Old 04-13-2007
Telstar 28

freesail-

I'm guessing that SG stands for sailing guru or sailing god... otherwise I'm confused.. or you understand that doghood is the same as godhood to a dyslexic.

Telstar 28
New England

Old 04-13-2007
Plausible Deniability

hellosailor has a spectacular aura about hellosailor has a spectacular aura about
Freesail, I've used both. BoeShield is a good anti-corrosive, but nowhere near as good a lubricant as McLube. Which is also way more expensive, but great stuff for "places where I'm not able to get to very often".
Old 04-13-2007
Telstar 28

The McLube Sailcote is what I'd recommend, but it is a lot more money. One neat thing a friend of mine does is she has a small scotchbrite pad that slides along the track, between the two top sail slugs, and she sprays it down with sailcote or boeshield t9 about once a month or so... and then raises and lowers the sail, and it acts to clean and lube the track all at once.

Telstar 28
New England