Join Date: May 2007
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Rep Power: 0
Furler Won't Unfurl
I have a 27' Catalina sloop I recently purchased. It has a Stream Stay 2 furler. About 95% of the time it won't unfurl by merely pulling on the jib sheet line; instead, I have to get on my knees at the bow of the boat and turn the furler by hand. It feels like it is hung up on something, but I can't figure out what it is hung on. The other 5% of the time, after I pull on the jib line while in the cockpit, the genoa sail comes out smoothly like it is supposed to.
Ironically, once the genoa sail is out, and I'm finished using it, I can pull on the furling line and refurl the sail with no problem whatsoever; 100% of the time.
Does anyone have any ideas on what can be done to fix the problem?