Originally Posted by Craig Smith
Just in case it wasn't already clear, I'm going to flog the dead horse and point you to this page on the Manson Supreme
Again and again and ALWAYS again!..
When your are not complaining about the Poiraud's anti-competition campain...
.. you are floging your dead horse against the MANSON SUPREME
What is your personal problem Craig??
THE MANSON SUPREME IS NOT A COPY OF THE ROCNA Knock off!..
1° - The shape of the fluke of the two anchors is different:
- ROCNA : CONCAVE
shape – a DIRECT COPY of the SPADE anchor
- The MANSON SUPREME – Cylindrical shape
– most likely like the curve of the Bruce anchor
2° - The “Roll Bar’” at the back of the fluke:
- Both are copying the design of the Bügel anchor – which was not an original design, already patented by Peter BRUCE 30 years ago!
3° - The shape of the Shank:
- ROCNA shank is very similar to the one of the DELTA anchor.
- The sloted shank of the Manson anchor is completely different
The ONLY similarity between both anchors is that they both are made in New Zealand
After testing both models, WEST Marine choose to represent.. the MANSON SUPREME anchor!
Is it because the Supreme is acheiving short-cuts during construction and poorly understood variations to the design. ??
Personally I don’t believe that
(I do not have any commercial or financial relation with the Manson company