Sailing Hardware
Trailer & Watersports
Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 06-20-2007

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Oh my god! I think I need to go sailing! Sailnetters are losing it tonight...myself included.

I'm talking about the 2 ounces left in the bilge...if you cant lift that maybe you should reconsider sailing all together? Not mention my shop vac that I keep on the boat is the mini 2 quart.

Last edited by T37Chef; 06-22-2007 at 07:44 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-21-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Isn't it funny.... we get in the biggest arguments over the simplest little things.

And just so that all of you know, I have the tump card. YES I HAVE THE TRUMP CARD. Ready:

Quote:
Originally posted by Camaraderie -

I agree with everything CD has said above.
There. Discussion over.

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 06-22-2007

SailinJay is on a distinguished road
As long as the shop vac has been mentioned, I got a great Christmas present last year. It's a mini-shop vac from Home Depot called the Stinger (model # WD2025) that costs about $15, has a 1.75HP motor, is for wet or dry use, holds 2.5 gallons, has a blower also, and is small enough to fit in the storage area under one of my single saloon seats. I think it only weighs a couple of pounds. I have a wet bilge problem and use this periodically to siphon out as much water as I can after cleaning the bilge. Also good for vacuuming all the little woolies and dusties and other things that show up inside the boat.
Old 06-22-2007

Freesail99 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Freesail99
The stinger is $28.75 at home depot, about the same price as the craftsman I got at Sears.
Old 06-22-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Yes, we have a very small (2 gallon??) that I got from Loews. Invaluable. Great little dude. Finding a place on a boat for one of those is about a must!!

- CD

1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 06-22-2007

T37Chef will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by T37Chef
Oh my god! I think I need to go sailing! Sailnetters are losing it tonight...myself included.
Okay...went for an overnight on the Corsica river (off the Chester River) today and yesterday...awesome! Blowing 15-20 the whole time...hit my fastest recorded speed of 8.9 for a whole 10 seconds. So whatever the hell I was arguing about I forgot!
Old 06-23-2007
I'd rather be sailing

labatt will become famous soon enough
I let my water run for the last half hour and the water pump threw the breaker... now I can't get it to stay on for longer than 30 seconds... nifty The tanks are NOT empty.
s/v "Pelican" Passport 40 #076- Finished Cruising - for the moment -
"Don't dream your life, live your dream" - Bob Bitchin'
"I'll see it when I believe it" - Me
Old 06-24-2007

teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about teshannon has a spectacular aura about
Chris,
I assume you checked the strainer if it has one. Otherwise I bought a new Jabsco water pump on Ebay for $79, might be time to check that out.
Tom Shannon
SV "Orion"
Old 06-24-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Umm... if your batteries are low, the pump motor will draw more and more current—and that could be the problem. Have you checked the battery voltage??

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 06-24-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
Who said "cruising is repairing boats in exotic places!"??
Suggest removing pump ...then removing pump head.
Connect +- leads directly to battery and see if the motor works. If so buy rebuildkit. Slightly more complicated than a joker valve...but way more fun! (G)