Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > On Board > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 06-20-2007
Zingaro

mpraca is on a distinguished road
Question Flying Jam Cleat

"self-censored!!!"
I started this thread with a possible missunderstanding of what is permitted or agreed under the rules. I think that at this point what is done is done but to be safe I am removing the original post.
Didn't mean to break the rules, even if unconsciously maybe I get a thrill form living on the edge. If you knew how dull my life has been of late you would probably understand.
Thanks for the understanding and all the supportive posts I received in the meantime.

Sail on!
_^_____
Oh salsus mare!
quantus vestri salis
est lacrima Portucalis

Last edited by mpraca; 06-21-2007 at 03:00 PM.
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 06-20-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Umm...No offense, but this is effectively an ad for your website and product. While I appreciate the offer of a discount and would be interesting in seeing one of these beasties in person, I would point out that your post violates the Sailnet Terms of Service...and is considered SPAM.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 06-20-2007
Zingaro

I get it... SPAM... really harsh... as they say, the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Consider me pavement... I'll just have to live with that.
In the meantime I'll have you know that I had requests for free samples which I have sent out. Hope that goes one step towards restoring some semblance of dignity to my very diminished reputation.
_^_____
Oh salsus mare!
quantus vestri salis
est lacrima Portucalis

Last edited by mpraca; 06-20-2007 at 09:21 PM.
Old 06-20-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Hey Mpraca...I like it!!! cool did you invent that???

What's the SBL and WL on that??? can be used on a Cunningham return line?? Say I want to rig a second cunningham without removing the first one..

I'll test that for you....send me two....I'll do my thing and try to break them, deal?? Then I write what I think...

Last edited by Giulietta; 06-20-2007 at 05:31 PM.
Old 06-20-2007
Zingaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta
Hey Mpraca...I like it!!! cool did you invent that???

What's the SBL and WL on that??? can be used on a Cunningham return line?? Say I want to rig a second cunningham without removing the first one..

I'll test that for you....send me two....I'll do my thing and try to break them, deal?? Then I write what I think...
I'll get your address offline. This is a non-permanent device for getting leverage with an integrated cleat. You can rig a cunningham, or even an improvised vang (combining two or three gives you very high purchase).
The large model can handle up to 500 lbs safely, with a line size of 7/16 max.
_^_____
Oh salsus mare!
quantus vestri salis
est lacrima Portucalis
Old 06-20-2007
moderate?

camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough camaraderie is a jewel in the rough
mpraca...the usual standard that was here is that commercial interests may respond to questions about their products but not promote them, initiate discussion or offer discounts since Sailnet survives on advertising revenue. You may wish to contact the admin about advertising.
I am NOT a moderator ...just responding to your question.
Old 06-20-2007
Zingaro

I appreciate your response. I'll certainly be more careful next time (next group) because I can see that this is a delicate point. As I said I am not a marketeer and I am somewhat naive about what is approprite in this type of venue.

I appreciate that nobody tried to shut me down. In fact i'm surprised that there seems to be no moderator. I'm not sure how to contact the admin you mentioned.
_^_____
Oh salsus mare!
quantus vestri salis
est lacrima Portucalis

Last edited by mpraca; 06-20-2007 at 09:30 PM.
Old 06-20-2007

Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice Giulietta is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpraca
I take your point about the offer for a discount. I guess I should remove that. I will however offer free demo units for a restricted number of people who would do a review.
I do.....I do.......I do.........I'll review it, I'll sail it around some....push it rela hard, photograph it, and post it all over here.....no photoshop.....I swear!!!

I am good at breaking things!!!

altough I think that at 500lbs max its a litle on the low side, but I'll try it...

(yes remove the discount thing....I am really interested in the cleat flying thinghy...I need at least 2, and would like to talk more about it, so do what you have to do to keep this thread going).

Can you hook 2 or three in a single line??
Old 06-20-2007
Zingaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giulietta
I do.....I do.......I do.........I'll review it, I'll sail it around some....push it rela hard, photograph it, and post it all over here.....no photoshop.....I swear!!!

I am good at breaking things!!!

altough I think that at 500lbs max its a litle on the low side, but I'll try it...

(yes remove the discount thing....I am really interested in the cleat flying thinghy...I need at least 2, and would like to talk more about it, so do what you have to do to keep this thread going).

Can you hook 2 or three in a single line??
The way you can combine two is shown on the website (Hitchcraft - ropetie rope routing ) You can also add more but the more leverage you have the shorter distance you can pull (like with a long lever, the travel on the load is short). It is very quick to rig up and you can simply add another tie if you find that you need more leverage, as long as you have enough rope to do another loop around the support point.
_^_____
Oh salsus mare!
quantus vestri salis
est lacrima Portucalis
Old 06-20-2007

Mpraca,

thanks I saw all of the videos of the different applications and really like the tool.

I can surely use it on the boat. Thanks and congratulations, that is a clever invention.

Can you do them in Alluminium?