SailNet Community banner
  • SailNet is a forum community dedicated to Sailing enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about sailing, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, repairs, reviews, maintenance, and more!

Screwy exhaust plumbing

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Valiente 
#1 ·
The exhaust hose for my cs 36t is 1 3/4" i.d. (which in itself can be hard to locate, but that's the fitting size on the stock engine and waterlock). But the bronze through-hull and seacock is 1 1/2". I'm having no luck finding adapters in these sizes and the boat goes in the water in a day. I don't know what used to be in there (just bought this boat), but I'm stumped. I've been to like 6 different chandlers and no success.

#2 ·
You can probably buy an adapter at the hardware store that does that. I believe they make them out of hard rubber, and you'll need a 1-3/4" coupler to connect the hose to the larger side of the adapter.

#3 ·
"I've been to like 6 different chandlers"
When it comes to matching up pipe fittings and sizes, going to chandleries is often the worst possible waste of time. Either call ahead, or find someplace that will ship it to you via overnight express. Or look for a major commercial plumbers' supply house, they are way more liekly to be able to buildup odd fittings than a marine supply.

#4 · (Edited)
Go to the plumbing section at Home Depot. They have PVC fittings that will do what you need. Just reread and noted that it's your exhaust ... PVC may not be the best option there. It looks like you are in the GTA. Try Cisco Industrial Sales on Dixie Road, failing that, try calling G&B Sportsmarine in Oakville. They have some experience with CS boat engines and hoses...

Good Luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.