Clearance Items

Advertise Here

Go Back   SailNet Community > General Interest Forums > Gear & Maintenance
 Not a Member? 
Old 07-11-2007
barefoot members

roseandbear is on a distinguished road
bob and annies boatyard feedback?

have any of you florida people had any experience with bob and annies boatyard on pine island? i would appreciate any feedback on prices, quality of work done or any pleasant or unpleasant surprises...i am thinking of hauling my small trimaran out there and doing or having done, a bottom job and a few small repairs...thanx...
Reply With Quote Share with Facebook
Old 07-11-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
What's wrong with Olsens?

- CD

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow My Blog at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 07-11-2007
barefoot members

i have no experience with them....we are new to this coast and heard about bob and annies and as they are multihull lovers we thought we would check them out....also a reason to check out pine island...
Old 07-11-2007
Best Looking MALE Mod

Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough Cruisingdad is a jewel in the rough
Pine island is nice, but shallow. I guess the shallow part will not bother you. I have not used them but have used Olsens. I give Olsens a positive rec. They are right beside you if you are at a mooring ball at FMB. Worth a trip over to speak with Casey. I think it is Rick (or Terry, cannot remember now) that is really good with rigging. You can do some of your own bottom jobs there if you want to save a buck.

- CD

2004 Catalina 400, Sea Mist IV (our boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in S FL and Keys primarily)
1987 Tayana Vancouver 42, Credendo Vides, (Mom and Pops boat, F/T Mobile Live Aboards in Puget Sound)

My Website:

Follow My Blog at:

Follow me on Facebook:

Old 07-11-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Roseandbear-

What kind of trimaran do you have??

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

—Cpt. Mal Reynolds, Serenity (edited)

If you're new to the Sailnet Forums... please read this

Still—DON'T READ THAT POST AGAIN.
Old 07-12-2007
barefoot members

thanks for the info on pine island and also, olsens....this forum is great...i have a 1990 cross 24...bought it in st. petersburg and sailed it down here to ft. myers...really like this boat...my first tri and i can't imagine going back to a mono.....
Old 07-12-2007

nimble1 is on a distinguished road
Bob & Annies are first rate. They do alot of multi-hull work but seem to do it all. And Pine Island is a fantastic place to live if you are into boats, but don't tell anyone!
Old 07-12-2007
Telstar 28

sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice sailingdog is just really nice
Cool, I've not sailed on a Cross design yet, but have seen quite a few of them. They look like pretty boats. BTW, I sail a Telstar 28' trimaran.

Telstar 28
New England

You know what the first rule of sailing is? ...Love. You can learn all the math in the 'verse, but you take
a boat to the sea you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turning of the worlds. Love keeps
her going when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurting 'fore she keens. Makes her a home.

Old 07-16-2007
barefoot members

thanks for the info on bob and annies....and pine island...i understand randy wayne white lives there....i have enjoyed all his books and wondered how much of his fictional boating community is drawn from there...how do you like your telstar...is that a folding model?...i have considered looking into a folding tri so i can trailer it...but they seem to have very little interior space to spend much time on...
Old 07-16-2007
Telstar 28

I do like the Telstar a lot. I've made a few major modifications to mine that aren't options from the factory yet. It is a folding model, but folds in a very different way from the Corsair/Farrier designs or the Quorning Dragonflies. Storage is a bit lacking on the boat, and is part of the reason behind at least one of the modifications I've made. If you have any questions, let me know.

Telstar 28
New England