SailNet Community

SailNet Community (
-   Gear & Maintenance (
-   -   Mast Pulpit (

Chaunclm 07-16-2007 12:20 PM

Mast Pulpit
I need to find a supplier for two stainless steel mast pulpits. I think this is the name of these things. They are tripods that one can push one's back side up against while working the halyards or reefing at the mast.

I spent all day on line yesterday but failed to find a supplier.

Thanks and best regards


TrueBlue 07-16-2007 12:32 PM

I believe Mast Guards is one name to describe what you are looking for.

Valiente 07-16-2007 03:56 PM

It strikes me that any competant welder could make these sort of items over a lunch hour. If you or the crew are short, tall, heavy or light, you might find something gauged to your hip height (in sea boots?) is better than something made for an idealized 5' 10" sailor.

My wife is 5' 1" and I am 6' 1", so I think about this stuff a lot, like "compromise" spacing on mast steps that can handle both a size 7 and a size 13 shoe size.

sailingdog 07-16-2007 07:53 PM

Try Kato Marine, which is located in Annapolis, and makes custom stainless fixtures for boats.

You can also try Tops in Quality, which also specializes in making stainless fixtures for boats, like pulpits. They can be reached at (810) 364-7150 or They're in Michigan.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.1.0 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
(c) LLC 2000-2012

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome